A Nigerian man, Jammal Pam from Plateau State who delivered N850k ransom to kidnappers to secure the release of his friends, has narrated his ordeal.
In a Facebook post published on Monday, October 24, 2022, Pam narrated how he travelled to Nasarawa State to deliver the ransom.
According to him, after collecting the ransom, the kidnappers, said to be Fulanis revealed that the money will be used to buy more weapons for their criminal activities.
Pam said the kidnappers further stated that there is nothing anybody can do to them as they have ‘higher backing’.
Read his post below…
Summary of my last week.
17/10/2022. Got a call from kidnappers. My friend and her friend were kidnapped.
18/10/2022. Negotiations started.
19/10/2022. Negotiations concluded.
20/10/2022. Ransom (850k) was raised and I went to pay at Gwantu(Akwanga Nasarawa state). She and her friend were released same day and we returned to Jos.
Key points to note.
1. I trekked/ ran for over 20 minutes just to drop the Ransom.
2. The were armed Fulani guys.
3. The told me that the Ransom is to buy more guns for further kidnappings.
4. The concluded by saying there is nothing anyone can do about it as they have a higher backing.
1. It’s high time I get my PVC
2. It’s high time i start participating in both buildup to the elections and the elections itself.
3. Last but not the least, the future of Nigeria is ahead than the interest of my pocket.