HEARTBREAKING: 13-year-old girl dies of electrocution while running from dog in Lagos

A heartbreaking incident resulted in the tragic death of a 13-year-old girl, Taiye Ojo due to electrocution while running from a dog.

According to reports, the unfortunate incident took place on Saturday in the Makoko area of Yaba, Lagos State, while the teenager was attempting to escape from a barking dog within the compound.

Reports indicate that Taiye was en route to the toilet situated on the premises when the dog’s aggressive barking startled her.

Frightened by the dog’s behaviour, she instinctively tried to flee, seeking safety away from the dog’s vicinity.

During her escape, it is reported that the girl accidentally came into contact with the outdoor unit of an air conditioner, leading to electrocution.

Taiye was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was tragically pronounced dead. The incident caused distress among the house residents and their neighbours.

The matter was subsequently reported to the Sabo Police Station for further investigation.

The young girl was laid to rest following Islamic rites, as per the customs and traditions observed by her family.

The state’s Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Benjamin Hundeyin confirmed the incident in a statement.

“Information has it that a dog was barking at her (the deceased) while she was going to the toilet and when she tried to escape from the dog, her hand mistakenly touched the window unit air conditioner which electrocuted her.

“The DPO led the patrol team and detectives to the scene, but the deceased was already rushed to the hospital where she gave up the ghost,” he said.

Latest articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here