Four members of a family of five in Taraba State have died after being electrocuted in the Dinyavo area of Jalingo, the state capital, on Monday October 2.
The father, mother and two children were in their home when the electrocution occurred.
Residents of the community say they suspect that the electrocution was as a result of a high voltage supply from the national grid triggered the incident.
‘’This morning, there was a burst from the transformer. Everyone ran out and smoke followed suit. A few seconds later, everyone started shouting and before we knew it, a lot of houses were engulfed in smoke. I tried my best to rescue them, all to no avail because they locked themselves in. But when we succeeded in breaking the door, we realized that they were already electrocuted and that their neighbours were also shocked by the electricity supply and rushed them to the hospital.”an eyewitness said
The bodies of the deceased have been deposted in a morgue.