The police in Kaduna through its spokesman, Yakubu Sabo, have confirmed that five gunmen in military uniform kidnapped five people.
Sabo said that the gunmen made a blockade in Dannbushiya before the hijacked vehicles and kidnapped people.
The force’s image maker also said that before operatives could get to the scene, they had already escaped.
The police in Kaduna have confirmed that five people were kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Friday, August 23 at Dannbushiya village, an outskirt in the state.
The confirmation of the incident came on Saturday, August 24, by the command’s public relations officer, Yakubu Sabo, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
The officer said that about midnight on Friday, August 23, the head of the police division in Malali police division that he got a SOS call that armed in military union blocked the road to Babatunde Fashola Housing Estate in the village.
During the blockade, it was reported that they hijacked a Honda Accord with number plate LND 753 AL and five other vehicles as they abducted seven other people.
The command’s spokesman said patrol teams within the area were quickly deployed to the scene but that then criminals had already escaped.
“The two released victims alongside the vehicles were recovered to the police station. Upon search, the sum of $10,000 US Dollars and N647,300 cash were recovered in one of the vehicles,” he said.
He also added that the anti-kidnapping units and vigilantes were later dispatched on search mission to rescue the victims and arrest the gunmen.
“The IGP’S IRT were also contacted for technical support in tracking the hoodlums,” he added.
Sabo, however, said that Ali Janga, the commissioner of police in the state, gave full assurance of the force’s commitment to deal with criminals in the state.