Read their communique below…
We the Peoples’ Democratic Party ministers from 1999-2015 (hereinafter refered to as ‘The Forum’) met on Tuesday, 23rd February, 2016 in Abuja and deliberated on recent developments in the party among other issues.
The forum reiterates and affirms our commitment to the ideals and core values of the founding principles of our great party.
Having considered the decision of the National Executive Committee of PDP in the last executive Committee meeting of Tuesday 16th February, 2016, the forum resolves as follows:
1. The forum rejects Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff as National Chairman of the PDP due to the illegitimacy of the process that purportedly brought him in.
2. The forum commends and supports the stand of the Board of Trustees of the Party for their rejection of the imposition of Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff for lack of transparency and internal democracy in the process.
3. The forum calls for the conduct of congresses at all levels of the party, leading to a National convention that should be held before the 28th of March, 2016 to return power to the people in tandem with the constitution of our Party and as encapsulated in our party’s motto: “Power to the People”.
4. The forum condemns all acts of impunity in the running of the affairs of the party, at all levels and implores all members to respect the constitution of the party and that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
5. The forum further resolves to continue consultations with relevant stakeholder groups with a view to solving the present challenges and strengthening our party.
6. The forum noted with dismay the threat on one of its members, Chief Femi Fani Kayode, by Senator Ali Modu Sheriff. The forum considers a threat to one as a threat to all.
KABIRU TANIMU TURAKI, SAN (Chairman PDP Ministers Forum)
(Sec. PDP Ministers Forum)