Mother, two children die after ‘Amala’ meal

0
120

A 45-year-old mother and her two children died on Saturday after consuming suspected poisonous yam flour in Odo-Ayedun Ekiti in Ikole Local Government Areas of Ekiti State

The eldest of the children was 14 while the younger one was 12.

It was gathered that yam flour, which they consumed, was procured by the husband and prepared by the mother of two.

All members of the family who ate the meal were found lifeless after dinner, except the father who is in a critical state at the Federal Teaching Hospital in Ido Ekiti.

A source, who craved anonymity, said two dogs, which reportedly ate crumbs of the food, were also found dead in the apartment.

It was gathered that the neighbours, who were thrown into mourning after discovering the incident on Saturday, alerted the police.
Lawmaker representing Ikole constituency II at the Ekiti State House of Assembly , Hon. Adeoye Aribasoye, confirmed the tragedy to newsmen on Thursday in Ado Ekiti.
Aribasoye had raised the issue at the plenary of the House where he called for sympathy and investigation into the matter.