Dillian Whyte has recognized Anthony Joshua as the world’s driving heavyweight, yet trusts he is ‘shutting the hole’ on his British opponent.
Joshua safeguards his WBA super, IBF and WBO titles against Andy Ruiz Jr on his US debut at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports Box Office.
However Whyte had been considered as a potential adversary for Joshua at Wembley in April, with the couple unfit to concur terms, and the Brixton man stays anxious to vindicate a stoppage rout at The O2 in 2015.
White told sky sports that “He has improved, he has changed the landscape, he is the man, at the minute. He has only one title missing. I better myself. I can fight, I know that. I have imperfections, work to do. Everyone says ‘Joshua has only had a few fights’, I had seven amateur fights and 26 pro fights. When you talk about the experience – I am the one that is inexperienced. Look at all the heavyweights, I am the only one. But I would fight any one of them, and give them all the worst night of their lives.”
Dillian Whyte is currently training for a high-risk fight against unbeaten contender Oscar Rivas at The O2 on July 20.