Corps Members registered 50 Kano indigene Students for WAEC

0
226

Members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) serving with the Nigeria Customs Service Kano/Jigawa states area command have paid for the WAEC registration of 50 Kano indigent students.

Presenting the money to the state commissioner of Education, the NYSC team leader, comrade Akin-ola Emmanuel Eloghosa said that the gesture was part of their Community Development Service (CDS) project.

He added that the Batch A of 2019 Corps members serving with the Customs decided to pay for the registration of the indigent students with a view to supporting them.

Comrade Akin-ola said that 60 percent of the registration should go for female students while the remaining 40 percent is for the Male students.

He futher stated that the gesture was also to compliment the Free and Compulsory Education policy of the Kano state government as well as that of returning the Out of School Children back to school.

The corps members then pointed out that the total cost for registering the 50 students is N697,500, saying that they have now brought N418,500 to balance the sum of N279,000 in one week time.

Receiving the registration money, the commissioner of Education, Malam Muhammad Sanusi Sa’id Kiru described the gesture as a commendable one, urging others to emulate.

He promised to intimate governor Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje about the kind support of the corps members to the indigene students of the state.

The commissioner therefore, immidiately handed over the money to the appropriate authority and directed for the commencement of the registration.

Share your opinion with us via the Tontrends Mobile App…