‘Christmas lights can trigger fire outbreaks’- Ghana fire service warns

0
98

It explained that when the electric-powered Christmas lights came into direct contact with combustible materials such as curtains and sofas they could catch fire.

The GNFS also advised that the Christmas lights must be turned off periodically to prevent overheating and ignition because many of them were made of inferior materials, making them susceptible to fire outbreaks.

The Deputy Chief Fire Officer (DCFO), Mr Obeng Dankwa Dwamena, was speaking in Accra last Thursday at the climax of a Security and Safety campaign organised by the Graphic Communications Group Limited (GCGL).