Nigerian-Brit World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has been ranked the second-richest sportsperson in the UK.
According to a ranking done by The Sunday Times, Gareth Bale was rated the richest young sports star, followed by Nigerian own Anthony Joshua.
Apart from Joshua, others on the young sports stars Rich List are footballers who are aged 30 or below. Among them are Bale, Paul Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, David de Gea, Raheem Sterling, and N’Golo Kante.
Joshua reportedly earned an estimated £78 million from his two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr last year, taking his net worth to £107 million.
Tontrends recalls that Joshua reclaimed his titles from Andy Ruiz Jr, a Mexican boxer, six months after the Nigerian-born-boxer lost the titles.
The British boxer was born to a Nigerian-Irish father, Robert Joshua, and a Nigerian mother, Yeta Odusanya.
Top 10 richest young sports stars aged 30 or under (2020 wealth figures in pounds)
1. Gareth Bale (football) 114 million
2. Anthony Joshua (boxing) 107 million
3. Paul Pogba (football) 50 million
4. Kevin de Bruyne (football) 34 million
4. David de Gea (football) 34 million
6. Raheem Sterling (football) 28 million
7. N’Golo Kante (football) 25 million
8. Harry Kane (football) 24 million
9. Daniel Sturridge (football) 22 million
10. Jordan Henderson (football) 21 million