Former Niger Delta Militant, Government Ekpemupolo aka Tompolo, who has been declared wanted by EFCC, has denied media reports that he issued an ultimatum to President Buhari to withdraw soldiers stationed in the the Niger Delta region or he would blow up oil installations.
There have been military presence in some properties belonging to the former militant after a Federal High Court in Lagos last week Friday Feb 19th, granted the EFCC permission to seize some of his properties after failing to appear in court to answer to charges of N45.9bn fraud preferred against him
In a statement released by his Media Adviser, Paul Bebenimibo, Tompolo said the reports were false, adding that he will never resort to destroying the country because of the issues he has with the EFCC
“We wish to state categorically that the said publication is not from Tompolo, rather it is the work of those that have sworn to kill him by all means, but Jehovah God forbid. Tompolo has stated before now, that he will not resort to violence or destroy oil facilities because of the issue he is having with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC. No amount of provocation and persecution can make him to destroy the country that he has helped to build in recent time. He will wisely continue to pursue his course legally. It is his (Tompolo) prayer for those that are pushing for his death to have a re-think as he believes fervently in Jehovah God, Who sees the heart of every human being, knows that he has no evil intention against Nigeria or any individual.Therefore, he will come out stronger in the face of these temptations and trials.”the statement read